1. Rich in nutrients – Raw foods are so much better for you than cooked foods. When you boil or steam your vegetables you’re getting rid of a lot of the nutrients. This means you won’t benefit from eating the food as much as you would think.
Picture Credit: Sean MacEntee
3. Weight loss – This type of food will help you to lose weight. This is because raw fruits and vegetables contain a lot of fibre. Fibre fills you up and can help you say ‘Goodbye’ to those sugary and salty food cravings that make you pile on the pounds.
4. Fewer dishes to wash – Another benefit of raw food is you won’t have as many dishes to wash once you’re done. Although this may not seem like a big deal, if you have a large family you’ll know how quickly the dishes and cutlery can pile up in no time at all.
5. Great for the environment – Eating raw food is great for the environment because it means there’s less packaging for you to throw away. This of course means less packaging is sent to landfill, which is wonderful.
6. Great for your bowels – When you eat raw food your bowels are going to thank you. You’re likely to visit the bathroom more often, which is a good thing. We need to keep our bowels healthy, so make sure you have enough fibre in your diet to keep them working properly.
Picture Credit: Dollen
7. An appreciation of nature – You appreciate nature a little more. When you buy packaged, ready meals you’re not really in touch with nature. As soon as you switch to a raw food diet, you’ll see what tasty treats nature can provide you wish. This will help you to appreciate the wonder of nature a little more, especially when you drop a few dress sizes.
8. Younger looking skin – Because of the high levels of antioxidants that naturally occur in raw fruits and vegetables, your body will flush out more toxins. This will help your skin to look better, and it will even slow down the aging process a little too.
As you can see there are some great benefits to eating raw foods, so why not make a change to your eating plan today?